Karina Loft Stairs
The Karina Loft Stairs can curve left or right or run straight, your choice!
This stylish staircase is ideal for situations with narrow spaces, such as connecting a loft or an attic. As such, the Karina is a perfect space saver that adds contemporary touch to any interior. The clever supporting structure is made of steel interlocking parts which allows complete flexibility in the configuration. The basic Karina stairway can run straight or you can curve the entire kit left or right. The option and final configuration is your choice!
The wooden treads are of the “alternator” type appropriately shaped and staggered to guarantee maximum utilization of space without compromising the stair functionality. The staircase kit is supplied with the railing kit for one side of the staircase. An inside curve railing kit is available for optional configurations.
Important, the Karina stair kit does not have to be mounted to a sidewall because of its superior design. In addition, its handrail is designed to provide horizontal hand support versus an extremely steep straight handrail that can affect safety.
Karina – Photo Gallery
* click picture to enlarge – use arrows >> to scroll *
The length of the tread is 21 1/4″ long and 10 1/2″ wide front to back of the step section. The treads are clear sealed solid beech wood that are 1 5/8″ thick. With a handrail on one side only the width is 22 1/2″, with handrails on both sides the overall width is 24″.
The standard Karina loft stairs kit is flexible between 6′ 10″ to 9′ 3″. Using a maximum of only two add riser kits can take the staircase to a height of 10′ 9″. Additional balustrade kits (3′ 11″) are also supplied to guard stairwell openings.
The Karina Loft Stairs Kit comes complete in one box with written instructions and a video demonstrating assembly.
Available Across Canada
Stairkit Type: Loft Staircase
Assembly Instructions: View Karina Install Guide (pdf)
FAQ’s for Karina
- When you buy an Additional Tread Kit, from which step will you start to fix the railing?The railing must be always assembled from the first tread.
- If you buy an Additional Tread Kit, with which step will have to start Karina?The Karina additional tread is always right, so the staircase will always start with the right tread from the bottom and with the left one from the top or with the left one from the bottom and the right one from the top (assembly instructions).
- If you buy two Additional Tread Kits, with which step will have to start Karina?The Karina additional tread is always right, so the staircase will always start with the right one from the bottom and the right one from the top (assembly instructions).
- How do you fix the staircase to the floor?The staircase can be fixed in concrete or the base plate and / or header plate can be mounted into wood. Consumer to buy wood lag bolts to replace the molly anchors provided in the kit.
- Which are the dimensions of the Karina landing?20 x 34 cm.